Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Roaring 20s

I looooove the style of the Roaring 20s!  Especially, the Flapper look.  I've always been fascinated by the mystique, as well as the fashion, of that time period, and was just thinking ... hmmm, I bet it would have been fabulous to have lived then, I could have been a flapper... but then I read a little more  ...

"Flapper in the 1920s was a term applied to a "new breed" of young Western women who wore short skirts, bobbedtheir hair, listened to jazz, and flaunted their disdain for what was then considered acceptable behavior. Flappers were seen as brash for wearing excessive makeup, drinking, treating sex in a casual mannersmoking, drivingautomobiles and otherwise flouting social and sexual norms."

And realized that if I had actually lived during that time, I probably wouldn't have been a flapper.  I'm way too shy, and modest to have lived on the edge of social norms the way they did.   But, I still love their style.

1 comment:

Laxmi13 said...

Hahaha!

Nice pic anyway :-)